Skip to main content

47 Chromosomes



A month ago, I started a new charity campaign for Down Syndrome kids. And this little fellow over here has inspired me to start the campaign. 


I began calling out for people who wanted to join or help and I pretty much got plenty of them who were reliable and trustworthy. 

We made an instagram account to spread the word and get more supporters, you can check us out : @_47Chromosomes. 

We started designing bracelets and selling them and with the money we get, we hope that we will be able to go to a Down Syndrome Centre and donate for them. And hopefully we will make various fun activities for the kids there. 



People look at them in a different way, they call them nasty names and they don't get treated well because they don't look like us or act like us. This campaign aims to tell the world that they aren't different and we should treat them in the right way. Because they have needs and rights just like us. And because the only difference between us and them is the one little extra chromosome. 

There are a lot of inspiring Down Syndrome stories and my favourite is Tim Harrison. 


Tim opened his own restaurant, he always dreamed of owning one. In his restaurant, he serves food, drinks and hugs. Tim didn't let his disability prevent his dreams and now he made them come true. 

If Tim can do it, why can't you? 

And don't forget, October is Down Syndrome Awareness month. Love and hug a person with Down Syndrome. 💙💛


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is The Catcher In The Rye is my favourite book.

If you haven't read it yet, this book is about - don't worry I will try not include spoilers- a kid who gets expelled from his boarding school and tries to make his way back home. No, literally this is the whole story. But it is more than a brat walking around and nagging about absolutely everything, it carries a deep meaning that you won't get until you finish the book. Holden Caulfield's (the main character) attitude tells a lot of his state of mind. He has a continuous careless views throughout the book, he's not in a good mood, he's not in a bad mood, he's neutral! When you tell a tale this long with little to no sign of emotion, it indicates depression. And trust me, I not only have read several books with mental illness background, but I also suffered from depression at a time in the past, I know how character is feeling!  Holden doesn't get along with the kids at school, he has bad habits like smoking, drinking, chasing women etc and

I am back?

 Wow,  It has been a hot minute since I updated this blog, I was not sure if I should reblog again or If I should just journal in a word document and save it somewhere on my computer where no one would read it. But. I do not care if anyone came upon it, it's not like I am incriminating myself for a crime that I did or did not do. It is just a bunch of nonsense, To you. But, to me, It is how I survive.  A lot have happened since I last blogged. I got my Bachelor's degree in basic science, I traveled the world, I worked in a hospital in London, I graduated med school and I became a doctor, I have been to Coldplay, Blue and Florence and The Machine concerts. I have met wonderful people that I now call friends. I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed my time, I was depressed, I was anxious, I was loved, I was alone. I have lost friends and family, I read new books and watched old movies. Many things have happened since 2016, and things are still keeping on happening. For instance, I am livin